Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2010 Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore

After returning from the Penang marathon, I collected the race pack for Marathon Singapore. The singlet looks quite nice and there are lots of brochure/coupon and some samples in the pack.

On the marathon day, before the race, there was heavy rain around my area. And the weather forecast is thunderstorm all over Singapore. Therefore, I have selected to wear a t-shirt instead of singlet. 5 pack of gel was prepared. And I also bring along a disposable raincoat with me in case it rains before it starts.

The race starts at 5am from Orchard Road, running down to China town and loop back to Nicoll Highway where the usual route going to East Coast Park. Since I was on a mission of 6 hour pacing, I tried my best to follow the timing to the dot.



I have my run in the first 3km and switch to run/walk at about 15%/85% ratio. This continue till the exit of ECP and switch to almost 100% walk. I was within 2 mins from the km target time for all the km mark. After the ECP exit, it was Marina Barrage. There is little shades and the sun is hot (who forecast thunderstorm?). I should have used a singlet instead. It does not really affect my plan at all. On the East Coast Parkway, I was walking up the slope and run down the slope without much issue. I try not to use any deep heat rub. Approaching Padang, I try to pick up speed but some minor muscle on my legs are a bit out of control. But I still run the last 200m and finish at 5:58:05 (chip time). A very successful 6 hr pacing.

The heartrate is all the time in moderate range except running down the slope after East Coast Parkway.

No comments:

Post a Comment